Happy Monday, you guys. Did you have a fun weekend? We ended up actually seeing quite a few friends over the last couple of days which was nice, and for those of you that asked, Penny is doing great after her spay on Friday. I think she’s a little confused about wearing the cone (I snapped a few funny pictures, follow along at w.cosgrave if you’d like) but other than that she’s great.
Today I’m starting a semi-regular new series on the blog, where I’m going to share what beauty products I’m loving at the moment. I really enjoy reading about and discovering what items other people are using and I figured you might as well. Without further ado, my thoughts on the five products above. Let me know if you have any questions about any of them!
- Tom Ford Illuminating Primer – My sister and I both bought this at Violet Grey a couple of weeks ago, and I’m really loving it so far. I had been looking for a highlighter type product that was glow-y rather than sparkly, and this one fits the bill. It gives the skin a subtle, dewy effect and helps to even out the skintone. I’ve been wearing this during the day and on weekends when I want to give my skin a break from my tinted moisturizer but still want a bit of coverage.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir – I’ve been a long time devotee of all things Caudalie, and this is my favorite product of theirs. I like to keep one in my purse to give myself a little spritz when I’ve been out and about all day and need a little pick me up; the product not only smells great and has a cooling sensation, but it helps to tighten pores and set makeup as well.
- Le Weekend de Chanel – I bought this after reading and hearing multiple rave reviews, and so far I’m very happy with it. You use it on the weekend (morning and night) in place of your other usual products, and it helps to exfoliate and intensely moisturize the skin to set the tone for the week ahead. I thought that a product for the weekend was going to just be a silly gimmick to get people to buy more things, but for me it really works. I highly recommend!
- Shani Darden Retinol Reform – By now everyone’s heard about the multiple benefits of using a retinol on your skin to help combat wrinkles and signs of aging, and I think that Shani Darden’s product is the best. I have really sensitive skin so I only use it once or twice a week, but it’s a gentle enough formula that some people work up to using it nightly. Truthfully I first bought it because I read that Rosie Huntington Whitely used it and that girl has amazing skin, but I became hooked pretty quickly and have been using it for over a year. As a bonus Shani is very nice and even let me text her photos and ask for advice when I was having a particularly bad breakout, and I’m not even a facial client of hers. Big fan!
- Sachajuan Ocean Mist – Just a couple of spritzes helps to muss up hair a little and add texture for perfectly imperfect beach hair. It also smells delicious.
shop the products: