A (very) random assortment of things I’m currently loving, from a Matisse inspired painter to a very delicious sparking soda…
1. I’m a little bit obsessed with this fabric from British textile designer Penny Morrison, and really want to make a large bolster pillow for my bed with it. A few Etsy shops sell pillows using her fabrics if you end up loving her designs as much as I do!
2. The Go Between. I just ordered this book and am really looking forward to reading it. I can’t remember where I saw it recommended but it sounds like such an interesting story – I’ll report back.
3. Hudson Grace makes the most gorgeous, well, everything, but these oversized linen napkins are particularly great. I have them in pink.
4. Ahh this shoe. I wore a similar heeled version as my wedding shoe but I just love this flat since it’s a tiny bit more practical (although very expensive for a shoe). I’d pair it with distressed denim to tone down the fancy a little bit.
5. Veronica Beard has been on a roll lately. I have a few pairs of their pants and have tried on their shirts and dresses in shop, and am happy to report that their tailoring and craftsmanship is on point. I really love this dress and think it’d be such a cute Spring wardrobe addition – I’m just hoping it’ll go on sale!
6. I’ve tried every flavor of Spindrift and think that the Blackberry is the best one. If you’re not familiar, they’re similar to La Croix but contain actual bits of fruit which make them taste a thousand times better, while still being super refreshing and low in calories. You can search on their site to see if they’re available in the grocery stores near you.
7. Wayne Pate is a New York based artist and seems to be all the rage right now. I first read about him a few years ago in a magazine, and was re-reminded of him when a client bought one of his pieces a few months ago. His work is so interesting and ranges from abstract black and white drawings to whimsical, colorful paintings. You can buy his prints on One Kings Lane and on his site.
8. My friend Kirsty is the designer behind Retrouvai, the most gorgeous LA based jewelry line. Her brand motto is to create modern heirlooms which is such a neat sentiment and one that her current line captures perfectly. I’d definitely keep this ring to pass on to my daughter one day.